Thursday, July 03, 2008

a heart that writes

for those of you who think you know me, you might believe im into fairytales. for those of you who really know me, you absolutely must know by now that i believe in the notion that dreams do come true.

on my birthday last year, my lovely friend presented me with a thoughtful gift. a precious white leather bound journal. in it she wrote, my lovely julie, happy birthday may your greatest dreams and your wildest fantasy come true. heart, ninie.

you may wonder what is special about this journal. ninie reminded me to write in this journal all of my wishes, my dreams anything and everything.

since i was a child, i loved having journals and i would write all my silly romantic hopes my wildest dreams and imagination on
ly to find out in months, or the next year, that all of my hopes and dreams came crashing down. page by page i would tear, journal by journal, year after year, all trashed into the bin...

now, this journal given by ninie to me, was just too precious to be treated that way. so it stayed on my table, untouched, for fear that one day perhaps it too will end up in the least desired place.. another trash can. when i mentioned this to ninie, she said, oh no..... but you have to write, you have to keep on believing, after all these years, you cannot give up now.

so on new year's day 2008 with the help of my dearest husband, ( then, sweet love ) we filled up the pages of this beautiful journal. i wrote my plans and dreams, hopes and beliefs. in my heart there was a tiny fear, oh dear what if it doesnt work. as if hearing my thoughts, he said, ' u never know what could come up, maybe something you
didnt even plan and when you look back next year, you'll see how far you've gone '

so yes, in my thoughts i have many hopes and dreams, when i sleep at night i dream of the impossible dream. but together with this journal, i make believe that i have all that i have, until i really do have it all.

sometimes the mind and the heart gets busy with life. for sure we want to do many things , and we do it all each day, for a dreame
r who just sits and dreams will stay just a dreamer, but a dreamer who makes his dreams come true, is more than just a dreamer, in fact id call him a winner :)

and for me, i have an extra tool to help me. my white leather bound journal. regardless any busy schedule, i try to find time to write. sometimes even a line or two.

during a roadshow by KOTEX for young women that i helped facilitate, i reminded the girls to write.. in the morning, at night, anytime, for we learn so much about ourself from our writing. in 2 weeks or in 2 years when we read what we write, we'll eith
er laugh or cry at ourselves and see how we've actually lived our lives and how can we make it better or how have we made it worse!

since it works for me, i thought id share it with you my lovely readers, an old fashion method that might go obselete in time to come.


"The supreme object of life is to live. Few people live. It is true life only to realize one's own perfection, to make one's every dream a reality. " Oscar Wilde

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

jul!

you are one of the few woman which i encounter that have this loving spirit flowing around you. it's like an aura surrounded you. haha.

although i didnt know you for that long, but by just reading your writings make me feels that i could actually make my dream come true. and i have done some of it because i remember some things that you wrote that just keep me stay motivated! thank you so much for bringing inspiration to me! really appreciate it!

journal helps us to remember what happen throughout our live. no doubt about that. it reminds us on the road we choose to walk, be it good or bad. we only live for a lifetime and it is short. we should just live our life the fullest and to make choices that we think it's for good for us!

im glad you made the right choices for everything!

p.s - how's everything new going on ? :)

4:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, we are all already living a dream. Our reality is usually somebody else's dream, and our dream somebody else's reality. It is when we wake up that we realize that we have not been dreaming at all...

J.T. Edwards

8:44 PM  
Blogger the Razzler said...

Hi! Julia..

Sometimes I would `dig' out my `old' diaries & read through all my writings!! I am quite surprise on what I wrote and am more intrigue on `why' I wrote what I wrote!!

There's another side of me that I don't remember.. perhaps, too busy with who I am now!

It's a great feeling to recall what we've gone through during our childhood .. the dreams, the innocence & just being truthful to ourselves!

Keep writing.. & take care!! :) :)

12:06 PM  
Blogger *cosmic freak* said...

sweet. nice. a good reminder. :-)

my journal is filled with notes, poems and some budget calculations. guess had to slip in some of those realities inside huh.

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

salam julia,

do post more of your wedding photos...all the best to the both of you in your new life together.


Nef

4:02 PM  
Blogger Zuraida said...

Hi!!!been your anonymous reader and I love your acting!!!!

You inspired me to start a journal too!!! I will go and get one soon!

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jue, you're married?i didn't know about it.pls..pls..post ur wedding photo..

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home