Saturday, April 21, 2007

long overdue

For those of you who might have missed the first three episodes of So You Think You Can Dance, worry not as you are able to catch it on you tube. The experience of hosting this show has been amazing. Yes it is another reality tv show and for the first time, I see it all.. not just what's on screen. Being someone who empathizes a bit too much at times, it was hard to see those who did not make it... and it was of course more than too much joy to see the ones who had actually worked hard to make it to the TOP 20.

What makes me so happy to be part of the show is to be with the contestants from day one, seeing them progress throughout the weeks. From the corner of the room where I get my make up done , I see them practicing endlessly... over and over again, together they unite, together they support each other and together they just dance. Its as if it wasnt really a competition but mainly a performance that they were all in, as a team they worked with much joy and glory for their passion in the world of dance.

From over 500 people who came for the auditions, only 20 will make it to the Live Shows. These 20 people have a story to tell. It is their story and this is their journey.This is a reality tv show and down the road, weeks from now, the reality is that there will only be one winner. However, despite all of that, the most important and valuable thing throughout the competition, winner or no winner, would have been the experience of the journey itself. As no two people would have the same experience. It will be the experience they create for themselves that would make the ride worthwhile and mould them into the person they will be years from now.

And how do I know this? Because this is true for me... I did not win the competition, but I played to win. That I felt mattered most to me.



Our whole life can be one whole big competition. You can choose to see it in many difference ways, like a soccer game, the point is to score a goal. No one in the right mind would play soccer and just run around the field kicking a ball NOT to score a goal.. everybody plays to score a goal.

The best thing in the game of life, everyone can be a winner , if you choose to be one :)



Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. [arnold schwarzenegger]

5 Comments:

Blogger Darius said...

i watched the show because u are the host.
u r good host.

1:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How true... Sometimes people go through life scoring so many goals that it becomes an addiction; success for its own sake breeds go-getters who win arrogantly and lose gracelessly.

I think you've got your life attitude spot-on; you play to win and allow God to pick the winner. I wish I had met somebody like you a few years back... I could have learned a few valuable lessons about letting go and letting God. People who play God tend to be played by God...

Anyway, I'm glad that your show is a success and I wish you health and wealth for your future projects.

J.T. Edwards

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen many of the behind the scene of most reality tv series.

there are things that you couldn't see on tv. but if that's what you say. that's really a positive phenomena. and you're right for that. experience that they had, and you had. is priceless. and it shall not become forgotten as it is the path that changed your life you're having now.

keep believing yourself that is the experience that will keep you stay motivated and work better. :)

6:10 PM  
Blogger Izham Miyake said...

no wonder you're so away.

welcome back dear. it's good seeing you progress a lot in the scene.

:)

11:23 PM  
Blogger *cosmic freak* said...

tho I never believe in these sms reality shows, I believe there's innocent beautiful and rare spirits among the contestants.

I am among those who will never have the guts trying out. I never will be the one loving the spotlight. I'm a very shy shy person and I know as good as I am, there will be others who are better and I am never competitive enough.

One thing I do believe is the sincere souls I can see even thru the tv screen. maybe those honest and sincere talent will pave their way without the help of votes, smses and judges critics. then again, I said maybe.

mesti best you got the chance to be with them and even learn some dance moves. I used to think I'll make dancing my part time career until my passion died when my constant practice stopped. now, I believe dancing is just expression of feelings and if conveyed beautifully, you can feel the feeling the dancer is expressing. technicality aside, its your honest soul who are actually making the moves.

so juliana, do you think you can dance? heheheh ....

owh, btw, dulu selalu juga mengikuti those ntv7 search for model la, tv spokesperson la, apa la. bukan annahita won the tv spokesperson ke?

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home