Sunday, December 03, 2006

love cures

an extra arm to lend a helping hand. my shoulder for you to cry on. my beating heart, to you i love, my smile to brighten up your day, my tears in which i'll share your sorrows. my pennies, for your thoughts. the little things we do in life, to support the ones we love, the ones we care about and the ones who needs it most. even the ones we often just let go.

support.

we even have a machine for that in hospitals... so that one can live for just a lil bit longer. when all else fails.

having said that.. it makes one not weak, if asked for support. in fact, it builds up strength. but then, sometimes, we dont ask for it. it seems as if we expect the people in our lives to always be there for us, never having to ask for what we know would make a difference.. maybe we didnt know.

for some time now, my father has been unwell.. not terribly ill . just age catching up. it doesnt make things any better that his youngest daughter worries him all the time she's not at home, be it at work or pleasure. even worse when the sun sets in the evening, and she's still not to be seen at times.

coming from his point of view.. he cares and he truly loves.. and i do believe him.. there were times when i wouldnt know what to to do.. i just knew that everytime something felt wrong.. id want to get him to the doctor, and for many many times he said.. no i dont have to go.. i just need to rest..

and for many many times.. i just left the room and let him rest.

but one night.. i tried to make a difference. it didnt seem that resting helped that much. so i slipped in next to him.. and we had a conversation which lead to some laughs and heartfelt moments. later , my mother joined in and together we shared even more. and on that night filled with love, my dad could then rest very well...

so every now and then i know.. he wants to feel good, he wants to feel loved.. maybe that's all he's ever wanted. and all this while i thought.. he needs to rest.. i should let him rest.

and perhaps this is what we all want.. that tiny bit of us.. just waiting to be loved.. and it is those and i know there are those...who gives selflessly that never asks to be loved... they just give and give.. and patiently wait.

i have had times in my life, faced with such challenges and in those critical moments.. it was a delight, to have had such familiar faces, warm loving hearts, who made it possible for me to go on. to climb another mountain, to sail across oceans.. to fly high in the sky...

[appreciation is the highest form of prayer, for it acknowledges the presence of good wherever you shine the light of your thankful thoughts. energy is more powerful than action. as you recognize that you already own the wholeness you seek, and no one outside you can give you more than you already are.stay open to recognize the hand of love when it reaches to bless you.] -unknown

9 Comments:

Blogger the Razzler said...

How we had always took for granted that when our parents aged ... they need to rest. I think this notion is a little biased.

My explanation may sound hurtful BUT it's a true fact that sometimes conveniently hides our true feeling.

Sometimes, IT's us who needs a little time for OURselves when we ask our parents to REST.

Our parents really wants to spends more time WITH us, to see our smile, to solve our worries/problems, to sense our smell .. to be still useful & contribute towards caring for us ... JUST the way only they knew how throughout our childhood.

In our parents' eyes, WE're forever their child .. needing their love & tender care.

Aging is a natural process which we will evetually goes through, too. It can be a painful fact that we WILL have to accept. Spend quality times with your parents whenever you can, you will forever always cherish the effort later.

Take care .. & cherish life !!

5:56 PM  
Blogger *cosmic freak* said...

my brother taught my lil bro to always say "afis appreciate abang muid". heh.

today I went out and bought stuff for my lil siblings and took them for a movie and lunch. I bought myself a pair of socks.

I now know how my parents felt, spending selflessly for us, not caring whether they bought anything for themselves, even if they had to run to the ATM machine for a couple of times becos the kids saw something that they would've want butt afraid to ask.

they just give and give, they dont want the money back, just for us to be a bit appreciative and if not for them, at least take good care of the stuff they;ve bought, or maybe just, take good care of ourselves.

like the Razzler said:-
In our parents' eyes, WE're forever their child .. needing their love & tender care.

I know the feeling. I helped raise my lil siblings, who's now 13 and 11. I took care of them since they were babies. And in my eyes, they're forever my kids ... needing my love and tender care ... and a few shouts and nags every now and then.

heh.

take care dear. my hand is always there. all you got to do is reach out. whenever you need a helping hand. or even a shoulder to cry on.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Amiruddin Karim said...

When they smile and they don't fake it. That's when you know things will be alright. I know coz I've been there..

All prayers to your dad..

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know when you're watching a movie with your dad or your family and there's a scene where you both laugh at the same joke at the same time... I'm sure if once in a while you have moments like these with your dad he'd be very happy.

J.T. Edwards

10:16 PM  
Blogger *cosmic freak* said...

that reminds me of how me and my dad used to be movie buddies. He would suddenly get interested in the movie that I'm watching then we end up staying up late watching the movie just the two of us. Until it become a habit of me to always tell him if I'm watching a new interesting movie.

I rarely find times now, knowing that him and I are now busy.

the bond grew into something else.

I missed those days when I was 10 and he would huffed and puffed on my tummy until I giggled to hard.

there are times when you feel down and wanting to give up. when you remember the childhood memories, if things could be good then, there's no reason for it to not be good later in your life.

if we know where we come from, we'll know where we'll be heading to.

regards to your dad ... whenever you find the time. (",)

12:16 AM  
Blogger *cosmic freak* said...

bad grammar abby ... very bad grammar ... heh.

12:17 AM  
Blogger sensei said...

Sometimes REST is not only laying in bed or doing nothing.. REST could also be abit of Recreation + Entertainment + Surprises + Tenderness.. :)

10:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hope your dad pulls through

10:36 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

spot on guys!! :) thanks for your loving support! :)

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home