Saturday, November 18, 2006

like a diamond in a sky

every now and then God gives us a reason to smile. on the face in the heart, it does not matter, that's not really the point. i dont believe that those without smiles plastered on their face have not in their heart. i used to think that if people weren't smiling they weren't really happy. not realizing that im one of those fools who just smiles.. despite whatever, i smile.. plastered.

until a dear friend one day said to me... my lovely julie.. that's what she said.. you're smiling.. but your eyes... they tell a different story.. i was stunned. no.. im fine.. i really am.. was i? maybe then.. not so..

so yeah, my trip down to jb, for the grand opening of kfc persada johor bahru. and the chance of mingling with kids, from the orphanage, shelter homes, those less fortunate, who just gleamed at the sight of chicky and friends.. and their favourite kak ju. maybe i just have a soft spot for kids. maybe its God telling me in another way, that whatever story i had.. other people have theirs too.

and in those few hours, laughter, giggles, hugs and kisses were shared. and the light in their eyes, i would not forget. it wasn't something i could replace for anything else in this world. another pair of shoe would bring a smile on my face.. , but the smile in my heart, carved by those girls and boys.. will i remember.. forever and ever.. and would last a lifetime.

one more day, one more time
one more sunset maybe I'd be satisfied
but then again; I know what it would do
leave me wishing still, for one more day with you
one more day [lonestar]


12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hye julia
saw u at City Square this morning. I nak tegur tp terkedu until ping! u dah jln jauh.
anyways, there's always nxt time kan?

take care!

10:08 PM  
Blogger juliana said...

laa.. nape tak tegur jee.. heheh.. okay... next timee!! :) insya Allah...

11:06 PM  
Blogger *cosmic freak* said...

hey julia ... or julie ... hurm ... I prefer to call you by your full name juliana ... hahaha ...

its funny that sometimes, I am one of those people who can see when your heart smiles ...

its true, sometimes, you smile, you look happy, doesn't mean that your heart smiles ...

sometimes, I cry when I see the moon, but my heart smiles admiring the beauty of the moon and how it touched my heart.

btw ... kids bring the best smiles to the heart.

and babies ... dont get me started on babies. I felt so dirty and ridiculously sinful when I look at the enduring innocent eyes of an infant.

izham told me once that some of my entry were so not me that he knew me outside as a very happy person. People who weren't smiling or write happy stuff on their blogs, doesn't mean they weren't really happy, right.

yes. God does gives us reason to smile.

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always believe that Love & Compassion will conquer all barriers!!

Miss the chance to see you when you're in JB ... maybe next time !!

Take care ... :) :)

12:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

JOKER?Nope i do not envision such travesty or plasticky smile adorn your face daily. probably smiling a lot more cause u are obliging many a time.some of us poor souls just get by not throwing our weights around.

Merging with surroundings does make all our problems seems insignificant,degrade in a wisp of smoke.Drawing greater strenght and churning out LOVE into the greater cycle of life

6:42 PM  
Blogger Azwad said...

Oh, you're that actress! I actually got here from Yasmin Ahmad's blog. I'm unable to read everything yet but this post is quite nice but who's judging anyway. i blog therefore i am. ok, all the best to you.

p.s. actually you can remove the word verification below since spam comments is no longer a problem.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Amiruddin Karim said...

While you're plastered with smile.. I guess I'm one of those who are in the opposite. As if smiles is the hardest thing to do when actually, it's not.. I thought that I did smile... but the result shown otherwise..

Oh well, that's not the point... YOU should start taking photos of the kids you've met and mingle.. and share it with everybody.

The moments with those kids.. priceless.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Izham Miyake said...

e||e,

(dulu masa kat MMU she was known as e||e hehehe)

But i still call her juli or julie lah..

Julie that I know is a smiling machine. Instead of all the problem she had, she'll always smile. Her smiles used to be wide, from end to end.

I hope she still keep the smile with her. Looking at her smiling is enough to make me a bit cold in the hot weather.

Last time I met her, thank god she was still owning that pretty smile.

9:31 AM  
Blogger sensei said...

Something abit techincal..
You can actually judge if a smile is fake or real.. the difference is in the area between the corner of your eyes and the cheeks - it'll look very unnatural if you fake a smile.. ;)

12:14 PM  
Blogger Linachu said...

Hi Julia,
I love reading your posts. Very inciteful. I love the idea of smiling not only on your face but also in the heart. Keep on smiling you..and keep on with the wonderful posts..

3:41 PM  
Blogger *cosmic freak* said...

I just watched an advert on shell helix yesterday, yeah, I dont watch tv these days.

so, its somekind of "pimp my ride" la kan ...

so, you're the pimp mama? hahahahaha ...

thought of watching an episode tonight. btw, do you get your own ride pimped? being the pimp mama that is. heh.

smiling with my heart while laughing my ass off. ;-P

no offence ya juliana. wish ya all the best!

11:12 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

thanks lina.. and i'm going to try you pasta recipe soon.. i love it too!! :)

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home