Saturday, January 27, 2007

where is the love

every now and then, love would spread its wings and nicely land itself upon my nose. the sniff of a love blossomed makes my day. the only thing i question at times would be.. was that love? or was it something else. and every now and then, just like a butterfly, love would fly away.

what is love?

my then 4 years old nephew thaqif soon to turn 6 this year once shyly said to me.. love is when u look into the other persons eyes , and then u hold their hand, and then u kiss her and then u marry her and then u know u love her lah!!

wow.

my other 3 year old nephew taufiq would come over to the house every day looking for his girlfriend. his girlfriend who is 20 years and more... older than him.

i am your girlfriend?

yes...

why?

because i love you!

nadhirah from school.. i thought that's your girlfriend.

no!!! you're my girlfriend!

okay i love you too ... :)

Love is not a virtue. Love is a necessity; more so than bread and water; more so than light and air. Let no one pride himself on loving. But rather breathe in Love and breathe it out just as unconsciously and freely as you breathe in the air and breathe it out. For Love needs no one to exalt it. Love will exalt the heart that it finds worthy of itself. Seek no rewards for Love. Love is reward sufficient unto Love, as Hate is punishment sufficient unto Hate. Nor keep any accounts with Love. For Love accounts to no one but itself. Love neither lends nor borrows; Love neither buys nor sells; but when it gives, it gives its all; and when it takes, it takes its all. Its very taking is a giving. Its very giving is a taking. Therefore is it the same to-day, tomorrow and forevermore [mikhail naimy]

9 Comments:

Blogger Sharazad said...

A MUST SEE MOVIE JULIANA :)

It was a sunny Saturday. The ray of lights that formed the silver lining across my room was just a smokescreen for a fool mind to believe that it was warm outside. The temperature was averaging about 5 degrees celcius and the chill of the wind caught my breath as I stepped outside. My destination was Cornerhouse in the city center of Nottingham, every second was counted as I could hardly resist the temptation to watch a promising movie which has been awarded for few awards during the Cannes Film Festival in France. BABEL, the movie on my mind.

My mind, mixed thoughts of happiness and sadness, and imagining myself as a shadow in the movie, took me to Japan, Morocco, San Diego, and Mexico in the same vein of real-life drama and tragedy. It took no surprise for the achievements of the movie recently as I watched with deep attention for almost three hours. It is not an ordinary movie, it is the most unique movie I ever seen that touches the insightful aspect of our lives, of the most appreciated gifts that human beings could ever get; children.

I shall say no more.
I doubt this movie will be approved by the board of censorship in my country Malaysia, thus I recommend those who would like to open their eyes about the real world; the blindness of the oppressor, the trap of confusions that surrounds the innocence, the importance of why God has created various nationalities in this world, and the most important thing the gifts that most of us fail to see the reasons behind them; as Walter Schirra Sr quoted above.

Carpe diem, and let your mind does the watching; the brilliant performance by Brad Pitt, Cate Blanchett, Gael Garcia Bernal, Koji Yakusho, Adriana Barraza, and Rinko Kikuchi.

Kudos to Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, wishful wishes upon your children.

BABEL - in the remote sands of the Moroccan desert, a rifle shot rings out - detonating a chain of events that will link an American tourist couple’s frantic struggle to survive, two Moroccan boys involved in an accidental crime, a nanny illegally crossing into Mexico with two American children and a Japanese teen rebel whose father is sought by the police in Tokyo.
http://www.paramountvantage.com/babel/

5:47 AM  
Blogger irondanwine said...

Love is the best sensation when you're in the lion's mane.
-sam beam.

hello, btw.

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww..that so sweet of you... :)

kids are so kawaii when they talk about love.. to them it's just as simple as that.. that's the best part of being kids

ahhh how i wish that one part of me could be like you to be so loving and caring... :)

12:46 AM  
Blogger Izham Miyake said...

sungguh tomel budak itew...

Love can be sweet, but bitter for some.

Sweet love will make u happy but bitter love teach us everything.

The bitter, the better, the stronger that person will be.

Anyway, love is something to treasure and to appreciate. The most priceless gift from god.

I wonder if people would still expect nothing for return from love. I believe everyone would say they would that but I wonder if that's something that easily being done.

12:17 PM  
Blogger *cosmic freak* said...

its funny when I lost hope on love, I came to your blog and there it was.

yesterday, I had some moment with my afis. the fat afis was lying on top of me. but somehow, he didn't feel heavy. maybe thats love. you're willing to be squashed from a fat heavy 45kg younger brother who prefers to lie on top of you while he tells his camping stories.

a while ago, a friend called towards midnight, telling me that she's sick. and she thought of me. I couldn't rush to bring her medicine (taknak makan panadol, takut, nak cortal, senang telan), so, I made some jokes, trying to make her laugh, comforted her and make sure she takes care of herself. maybe thats love. you thought of someone when you're sick and even by listening an affectionate loving voice, you can feel some love vibe curing your pain.

you said, we're married to our family. I add, we're engaged to our friends. I conclude, maybe thats the only love we need and we never did realize it.

"all the need to be loved is wrong"
what I mean was all the need to be loved when we search hi and lo for it is wrong, becos the love that we REALLY crave for is with us.

my kisses to your cute nephews.

juliana is a person who breathes love. she might be love itself. no wonder when people are looking for love, they seem to get some magnetic attraction to her. (",)

11:20 AM  
Blogger the Razzler said...

A child's innocence, honesty & simple appreciation of love is always so refreshing. How nice if only ... we can carry on the same simplicity as we grow up. :) :)

9:54 AM  
Blogger Amiruddin Karim said...

I love you too.. so does that mean I'm your.. Oh nevermind.. You won;t admit it anyway...

hahahah

7:40 AM  
Blogger Sharazad said...

5-minute rest to the planet.
Global warming call.
Open your eyes people.

www.mohdsharazad.blogspot.com

11:24 AM  
Blogger gravtkills said...

love is a wonderful thing...suddenly that michael bolton song popped in my head

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home