Monday, August 04, 2008

looking at the brighter side


i was once told by a girl that my blog isnt real. i asked her what she meant and she said, its the way you write. she told me that i make things look and sound so beautiful when actually they are not. this was probably about 2 or 3 years ago, when in reality, things were not so great and it was written in the blog itself. ( for those of you who've been following my blog this was the 'era' where i was just hanging on to hope and all good things in life ) however, i must agree that yes, i do make it all seem rather overly fantasized, but that's just simply my way and ive never given up on the way i write, because i do know that there are simply a handful of people who enjoy the way i feel about things :)

having said that, if you are new to my blog and may not have the time to read my past entries, you may have wondered if everything in here is really too good to be true. well it really is, but it took me quite the journey to be here , my heaven on earth.

to add 'reality' to my highly fantasized life, in the past one month, i have been admitted into the hospital , not once , but twice. the first ,for one week, due to appendicitis, and the second that followed about ten days later, a horrifying kidney infection. this was all physical pain that my body could not deny. yes i have heroic stories in here of how i withstand emotional pain, but physical pain is a real no - no.

so you see, i have my ups and downs, and even though i was there, in the hospital, feeling really sorry for myself and others
(i had missed a dear friend's wedding and still feel terribly bad for this, i was also not able to take my parents in law out and about during their last few days in KL), i couldnt help being just slightly, mischieviously and delightfully happy, for i had some dear friends who came to visit me, bringing me all my favourite food, my mom, who slept with me every night , accompanying my chatters, my parents in law cheering me up , and of course my beloved husband who never failed to call and sms me every single day, sending love and spiritual strength, for he was at that time, thousands of miles away. so despite my miserable health conditions, i was inside a happy one.

we all have our nice days, good days , extremely amazing days, and at times we will not have the strength to walk, or to stop the tears from falling, even the occasional smile seems like the hardest thing to do, but as you always hear them saying, and my friend whose wedding i missed, often reminds me that, we must must must always count our blessings. in the end, it may be all that we need to keep on going, turning a smile, instead of that frown.


"There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other " Douglas H. Everet

6 Comments:

Blogger the Razzler said...

Dear Julia...

I always love your positive endeavour.. it's always so inspiring & encoraging!

Hope you're well now..

Take care..

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How are you now? Hope you are feeling fine... yeah, it's great to have social and emotional support in times of distress, because these important people in your life make you feel that you mean something even when you're feeling like nothing.

Adverse comments? Hmmm... it comes with the territory, I suppose. Everyone's a critic (but that's their right too), and you're a writer (and that is your right). How you write is a direct statement of your inner self, so I guess my measure of good writing would be sincerity, and I'm sure you write about things that are felt deeply in your heart. Personally, I find your writing very uplifting... it's simple, but it's only so because the plain truth in life is simple. Keep on writing, and we'll keep on reading.

J.T. Edwards

7:29 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

was in the hospital agagin!! but glad to be back.. thanks for reading, and for your support in every single way.. :) the writing will continue..

5:05 PM  
Blogger *cosmic freak* said...

I wish you the best of health and I know one thing, your happy heart will be part of the remedy that'll cure you.

Its been awhile. People always think we're living such a beautiful life with joyous laughter every single moment. We do have our ups and downs. We once clung to hope so badly, it was the only thing that kept us breathing.

But human are just prone to making false assumptions. Even when we didn't lead them to any.

Its good to see you updating. Love lots.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wish i can be as strong as you... but for now, being at the lowest point in my life, agak sukarnya... i don't even have the guts to sign in to my own blog sudah although that's what that's been keeping me sane for the past years... haih... bila pasal cinta, why do girls always after fairy tales? tapi mcm orang kate, it doesn't kill to hope, it's just sucks when you're right... rase nak transform je into one of the samarinda slot... hisy... i think i'm in need for depression management lah...

5:57 PM  
Blogger juliana said...

fairytales dont come true, but dreams come true... :)

we're all after that one thing that makes us happy, its different for everyone, but almost the same for most, in the end, love is what we want, but the love that u have for yourself will be the one that keeps you going strong..

kind support from friends and family helps as well :)

be patient, when its the right time, the right one will appear :)

take care :)

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home