Friday, March 06, 2009

the secret of the light that shines

Sometimes people would say to me

you are so lucky


you are so happy

you are very positive


and then sometimes people would say to me

you are so romantic

your life is filled with colours

you are such a dreamer

and there would be some people who questions me as such

how do you get by life

how do you think the way yo
u do

how do you keep yourself happy


and all these makes me wonder, am i really showing all of these examples...

i wasnt born with all these traits, but throughout my living years i have learned that this is who i want to be, and who i can be.

experience and knowledge will form a person's characteristics. what you go through in life makes a difference. in many ways i have been lucky. being lucky does not mean that i was always happy. living through sad days, and learning how to get through it m
akes you realize the real meaning of happiness. you treasure and you'll care for it more. we all have different experiences in life. some greater than others, and some, to the very worst. yes a bad past can affect the future, but there are choices to be made such that you have a bright future in your hands. what you do today, is the one that matters most, for it creates the energy passed on to tomorrow.

you can buy a degree these days i heard. but you cannot buy knowledge. you can earn your knowledge from all that surrounds you , and it helps most from what you read. i am grateful that my mom had taught me how to read from an early age. i was greatly influenced by the Peter and Jane Ladybird series. from which i learned how to read very fast.



my wild imagination filled with rainbows and colours and delicious ice creams were introduced by none other than Enid Blyton. she taught me the beauty of kindness, magic, fairies and the notion that dreams can come true to the good children. while the naughty ones would stay in bed feeling ill all day, the good ones would go on living their lives joyfully.


i stopped reading for a while, maybe a few years. i felt my soul drying out. i had nothing to live on. it was at that time, i picked up a book that changed my life. a book by Paulo Coelho. It has been known how he's transformed milli
ons of lives, and im proud to be one of them. it is possible that love can brighten your pathway and that the magic of your soul can do wonders.



the list goes on and im proud to share some of the readings that has affected the way i see, live and breathe.

how to be lovely - the audrey hepburn way of life



rules of life



the yoga of love



rumi - the book of love



-------------------------

Three passions have governed my life:
The longings for love, the search for knowledge,
And unbearable pity for the suffering of [humankind].

Love brings ecstasy and relieves loneliness.
In the union of love I have seen
In a mystic miniature the prefiguring vision
Of the heavens that saints and poets have imagined.

With equal passion I have sought knowledge.
I have wished to understand the hearts of [people].
I have wished to know why the stars shine.

Love and knowledge led upwards to the heavens,
But always pity brought me back to earth;
Cries of pain reverberated in my heart
Of children in famine, of victims tortured
And of old people left helpless.
I long to alleviate the evil, but I cannot,
And I too suffer.
This has
been my life; I found it worth living.

Bertrand Russell

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Julie, for sharing. You don't know me, and I don't know you. But thank you, for sharing your life. I have always wanted to find a sense of peace in my heart, a place I can retreat to in my mind, instead of having my mind mimicking the confusion and sometimes depressing everyday life. Sometimes, in the midst of negativity, I find myself almost wanting to 'join the bandwagon', having the attitude of 'if you can't stop them, join them', thus making myself be like the people who want to make me feel bad, and make my life feel unlivable. There are times when I have woken up, only to contemplate 'disappearing from life', and all its hardships. I feel that I am weak, and powerless against everything and everybody. But the fact that you said you were 'not born with the traits (of positivity)', and that you have been searching too, and that you found it - all due to the fact that you want to be a better person, a positive person - all of them make me feel hopeful. That there is light at the end of the tunnel. That I don't have to debase myself to the level of those who want to make my life miserable, that I can be positive, and I don't have to think how easy it is to just succumb to the idea of wanting to disappear, or wanting to die, that I can enjoy my life, and rise higher. All this is possible, your life says to me. Thank you. Thank you again, for sharing your life.

8:27 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

dear annie, thank you for sharing your thoughts and for believing in yourself even more. it is easier to join the band wagon, but its never worth your time... people tell me that things are easier said than done... and that is true...

but who said that life is always easy.. in fact its one big jigsaw puzzle.

for some people, life can be a bit more challenging but believe me, when you can over come your challenge, what ever it maybe, you will be happy and at peace with yourself, try not to give up because believe me... all is possible :) it doesnt take a few days, it make take months, or like me.. years to understand and to realize the power of being able to choose your destiny by making the important choices in your life :)

you can stay on the path and see where it leads you to..

or you can take charge , start creating your own pathway that leads you to where you want to be :)

good luck, drop me a line anytime you feel like sharing :)

11:12 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

oh and annie.. its okay to cy, to be angry or to get upset, as long as you can let go of them, once you're ready to be happy about what you can be happy about... look around you and you'll find it... sooner or later, if not now :)

11:23 AM  
Blogger the Razzler said...

Dear Juliana..

The wisdom and compaasion that you posses is truly amazing.

I am always inspired after reading your posts!! I think you should compile your experiences and share them in a book.

Kind of like `As I was Passing' by Sri Delima (Adibah Amin) that I grew up with!!

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter and Jane Ladybird series - thats what I read when I was in kindergarten.

I can't remember the stories - but I know for sure it played a role in my language, and into shaping me into who I am today! Who would have guessed... such humble books!

2:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaa..peter & jane...
buku zaman-zaman sekolah tadika tuu...


ari-ari cikgu suh baca...

12:52 AM  
Blogger the unknown said...

does this mean if i read what u've read, i'd be as positive as u? lol

should i start with enid blyton? :P

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello juliana,
its jaja
kenal tak?
hope will work with you someday=)

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Christy said...

Just stumbled by your blog, and i've to say, it is pretty inspirational. it makes me want to read ur previous posts and make me ponder over life, maybe, just maybe to look at another perspective and things will just work out beautifully.. if not now, then later.

just wanna say thanks again and keep blogging!

12:55 PM  
Blogger MOHD ADHA MOHD ZAIN (ADHA ZAIN) said...

Blog anda telah disenaraikan di BLOGGERS MALAYSIA™.

Sila ambil banner BLOGGERS MALAYSIA™ di : http://bloggersmalaysia.blogspot.com

3:54 AM  
Blogger zuliana_me said...

Hi, julia... I really like this post. 1stly, bcoz I need it. 2nd, my cousin just told me the same thing!

P/S: I love paulo coelho! ;)

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home