Wednesday, January 18, 2006

the power of love

its funny but my dad loves sending me to work and picking me up later in the evening. it seems to be a joy for him to be able to do such a thing for his beloved daughter. and i've just realized that the conversations we've shared has been mostly just about me.. my life, my job, my relationship, my friends, my bank account.. ME. maybe 2 out of 10 times i probably did ask .. how are u abah? rather selfish i think. see i'm really close to my dad. we talk alot at home, in the car.. never on the phone.. (he's not a phone guy) we've laughed, we've fought, i've cried, he kept quiet.

parents love it when we do things their way. most often i dont want to do it their away. because i'm not really them. i have my own set of mind. and i believe the values they've taught me would allow me to make the best decisions at any given time. and if i ever did make a mistake.. id learned from it. but its because they love me too much.. that they would never ever wanna see me get hurt, or even dissappointed. so where do i draw the line, between making them happy, or making myself happy :)

and no matter how bad i've been, how rude i've been, how dissappointing i've been, or hey.. u know.. being good, getting good grades, some achievements that they just refuse to acknowledge just because they fear i'd get it over my head and start thinking 'hey im all that'.. its funny how they will never turn their backs on me.. its feels so good and safe to know that they love me no matter what...

and so for no reason at all.. my dad got a kiss on his shoulder this evening as i said eeeeeeee i love you!! :) and dearest mommy got a huge smile from me as i told her how amazing it is that she makes and effort to do all the things she loves doing.. ( she makes quilts actually.. since last year) and that im very proud of her...

and its little things like this... that counts :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Izham Miyake said...

Hmm,

How's ur mom eh? I think the last time i saw her was when ur mom came to the house you guys rent when me and fixa was cleaning the house.

Well, that's so lovely. Ur mom make quilt? Is it for sale?

12:06 PM  
Blogger juliana said...

no its not for sale.. :) when i get married someday she'll make me one too! right now its just for her.. and her cucu(s) :)

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home